|Harris Law Firm, P.C.|
165 SE 26th Avenue
Hillsboro, Oregon 97123
Tel: (503) 648-4777
I first began to explore a career in the legal field during college. I sought out positions that would provide me with a background and experience in the law. I first volunteered as a victim advocate through the Lane County District Attorney's Office in Eugene at the Child Advocacy Center. I then clerked for a law firm in Portland serving primarily Spanish-speaking clients in Personal Injury and Workers Compensation cases. Enjoying the experience of serving those in need, I focused on family, criminal and immigration law while in law school. During law school, I clerked for the Oregon Department of Justice in their Family Law Section and also served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Michael H. Bennett for the U.S. Department of Justice at the Portland Immigration Court.
Prior to joining Harris Law Firm in 2005, I was employed by the Oregon Judicial Department as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Cynthia D. Carlson at the Lane County Circuit Court in Eugene.
I am comfortable in the courtroom and effectively argue cases to both judges and juries. I manage criminal cases ranging from minor misdemeanors to major felonies. I frequently handle cases with overlapping family and criminal law issues such as Restraining Orders (FAPA) and Stalking Protective Orders (Civil and Criminal). I have experience litigating cases in courts throughout the greater metro area. In January 2014, I was approved by Oregon Supreme Court to serve as a pro tempore judge in the circuit court for the state of Oregon for a three-year term. I currently hear contested restraining order matters for the Washington County Circuit Court.
In addition to my membership in several legal related organizations, I have been a member of the Washington County Public Safety Coordinating Council since 2008. I was nominated by the Honorable Judge Thomas W. Kohl and elected to serve as Vice Chair of the Washington County Public Safety Coordinating County for 2009. I also assisted in the reorganization of the Washington County Bench/Bar committee in 2012.
During my free time, I enjoy spending time with my husband and two daughters, cooking for others and entertaining, traveling and reading.
- Oregon Department of Justice - Family Law Section, Law Clerk (2002 - 2003);
- U.S. Department of Justice - Portland Immigration Court, Judicial Intern (2003);
- Oregon Judicial Department - Lane County Circuit Court, Judicial Clerk (2004 - 2005);
- Harris Law Firm – Associate Attorney (2005 - 2010);
- Harris Law Firm – Shareholder (2010 – Present).
- State of Oregon
- J.D., Willamette University College of Law, 2004. Moot Court Board Member.
- B.A. (Administration of Justice, with Honors), Portland State University, 2001
- Amy speaks Spanish fluently.
- She is a member of the Oregon State Bar Family Law Section, Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Oregon Minority Lawyers Association and the Oregon Hispanic Bar Association. She is on the Board of Directors for the Washington County Bar Association, currently serving as the Secretary. She served as the President for 2013 – 2014.
- She has presented a Continuing Legal Education course for the Oregon State Bar, Oregon New Lawyers Division – Everything You Need to Know About Family Law as a Young Lawyer: Pre-judgment Motions for Temporary Remedies, May 2014
Please email me if you'd like to have me help you, or if you'd like more information.
- Robert J. Harris
- Amy N. Velazquez
- Paul J. Vames
- M. Casey Gibbens
- Jennifer Robins
- James King
- Rebecca D. Guptill
- Jon H. Weiner
- Samuel W. Asbury
- Laura Burgee
- Cameron Soran
- Joseph Beck
- Matthew McKean
Some areas where Amy Velazquez provides DUI, Criminal Defense, Family Law and Divorce Attorney services:
Hillsboro, Beaverton, Lake Oswego, Oregon City, Tigard, Tualatin, West Linn, Wilsonville. Zip code areas we provide DUi attorney services in: Hillsboro 97123, 97124, Lake Oswego 97034, 97035, Tigard 97224, Tualatin 97062, West Linn 97068, Beaverton Oregon 97005, 97006, 97008, 97075, 97076, 97077, 97078, Wilsonville 97070
Clackamas County, Columbia County, Marion County, Multnomah County, Washington County, Yamhill County