Paul J. Vames
"I Would Recommend Paul to Anyone"
"He made the process very easy. I would recommend Paul to anyone needing legal advice etc."
"Paul Was So Helpful"
"I went to see Paul after I was in a almost fatal car accident. Paul was so helpful in getting me in with a reliable chiropractor and doctors."
I have been a litigator since first being admitted to practice law in 1996. For over twelve years, I worked exclusively for the insurance industry and learned the intricacies of how claims are investigated and evaluated. I use that experience and knowledge every day to assist my clients to obtain the best possible result in each and every case. I am an experienced trial lawyer and have also participated in hundreds of arbitrations and mediations. I fully and aggressively investigate every aspect of every case - by knowing all the facts, I am better able to advise my clients whether trial or settlement is in their best interest.
I am an active member of the Washington County Bar Association and the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association. In addition, I spend many hours every year in continuing legal education to learn the latest developments in my areas of legal practice. I meet frequently with recognized experts in the fields of medicine, rehabilitation, biomechanics, economics, and accident reconstruction in order to have the most cutting edge information to assist my clients.
My two beautiful daughters and I are very active in our church and their school. We enjoy living in Washington County and participating in Oregon's many outdoor activities. I enjoy all kinds of music and have played guitar for 25 years. I am also a dedicated baseball (Mets) and football (Giants) fan.
- Harris Law Firm, PC; Personal Injury and Civil Litigation (Current)
- Smith Freed & Eberhard, PC; Personal Injury and Construction Litigation (2006 - 2009)
- Atkin Winner Sherrod & Vames, LLC; Personal Injury and Construction Litigation (2003 - 2006)
- Selman Breitman, LLP; Personal Injury and Construction Litigation (2001 - 2003)
- Edwards Hale Sturman & Atkin, Ltd.; Personal Injury Litigation (1996 - 2001)
- State and Federal Courts - Oregon and Nevada
- United States Supreme Court
- United Sates Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- J.D., Whittier Law School, 1996 (Trial Advocacy Honors Board)
- Willamette University College of Law, 1993-1994
- B.S., Business Administration with emphasis in Finance and Real Estate, California State University Long Beach, 1985
- Member, Washington and Multnomah County Bar Associations
- Member, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
Successful negotiation is a matter of knowing what is important to the person on the other side of the table. Prior to entering law school, I spent eight years working in sales and management for the world's largest high tech business equipment manufacturer. I sold telecommunications and data communications equipment to Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, the military, and regional and local businesses. I found that each customer had different needs and that negotiation is not always simply a matter of trading numbers. I was successful because I learned to listen to my customers.
As a lawyer, I've used my negotiation skills and experience to assist my clients to achieve their own goals. Frequently, providing a swift and effectively-negotiated solution to a legal problem is preferable to protracted litigation. But when litigation and trial become necessary, I have a history of persuading juries to see things my clients' way. Each and every client receives my personal attention and my absolute commitment to do everything necessary to quickly and effectively solve his or her legal problem.
Please email me if you'd like to have me help you, or if you'd like more information.