Rebecca D. Guptill
"Outstanding Help For My Daughter"
"My daughter was in need of representation and I called Rebecca. I have got to say that that was the best move I could have done."
"Thanks to Rebecca my life is back to normal. Things definitely went in our favor. She knew exactly what to do and when to do it. Thanks to Rebecca my life is whole again. I definitely would recommend her to anyone"
I currently practice primarily in the area of Family Law. I believe in being honest and forthright with my clients. I won't promise you a favorable outcome or tell you what you want to hear just to get you to hire me. Finding a lawyer that is the right fit for you is important. What I do promise is that I will keep you informed and provide you with the best representation that I possibly can. I want you to have all of the information you need to make an informed decision about the direction of your case. At the end of the day, I am on your side and I will zealously advocate for you.
I am very confident and comfortable in the courtroom environment, as I appear in court regularly in several counties. In the arena of family law I can represent your interests in all types of matters including those involving divorces, custody disputes, parenting time issues, modifications, spousal support issues, child support issues, enforcement of judgments, contempt matters, and more.
Because of my past experience in criminal and juvenile law, I am capable of handling cases that branch across multiple legal arenas, from defending against or helping you to obtain and maintain a FAPA restraining order or a stalking order, to assisting you if DHS child welfare has contacted you. Your freedom and your family are important to me. If you find yourself in one of these complex cases, you deserve to have someone on your side who knows the intricacies involved in dealing with these interrelated areas of the law.
Even if your case is less complicated, I am happy to help you avoid court and work through your divorce or other family law matter in an amicable and more cost-effective manner, while making sure you make educated and informed decisions as we work together to settle your case. The sooner you contact me, the sooner I can get started helping you navigate the process of moving forward.
As a native Oregonian I graduated as Valedictorian from Waldport High School before attending the University of Southern California, from which I received my Bachelor of Arts in Print Journalism, cum laude, from the Annenberg School for Communications and Journalism and completed the Thematic Option undergraduate honors program. Upon graduating, I decided to return home to Oregon where I received my Juris Doctor degree from Willamette University College of Law. During my studies, I received honors in Legal Research and Writing and High Paper in State Constitutional Law, while working as a law clerk gaining valuable practical experience in the legal field.
When I am not diligently working on my clients’ cases, I enjoy spending quality time with my husband, a business owner, and our dog, Jack, whom we adopted from the Oregon Humane Society in 2005. I enjoy gourmet cooking, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding (SUP), photography, traveling, reading, fishing, crabbing on the Oregon Coast, and cheering for my USC Trojans, particularly in football. (Fight on!)
- Clark, Lindauer, Fetherston, Edmonds, Lippolds & Collier, Law Clerk, 2003-2004
- Carl D. Crowell, Attorney at Law, Law Clerk, 2004-2005
- Ridehalgh & Associates, Associate Attorney, 2005-2007
- Cummins, Goodman, Fish, Denley & Vickers, Associate Attorney, 2007-2008
- Hillsboro Law Group, P.C., Senior Associate Attorney, 2008-2012
- Harris Law Firm, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2012 - present.
- State of Oregon, 2005
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D., 2005. High Paper in State Constitutional Law. Honors in Legal Research & Writing. Dean’s Honors List, 2002. Merit-based scholarship recipient.
- University of Southern California, Annenberg School for Communications & Journalism, B.A. Print Journalism, cum laude, 2002. Thematic Option undergraduate honors program. Dean’s Scholarship recipient. Community Journalism program. Lambda Pi Eta honor society.
- I am a volunteer Pro Tem Judge for Washington County, hearing various restraining order cases.
- I have served on the Board of the Washington County Bar Association (WCBA) since 2011. I previously served as its President, President Elect, Immediate Past President, and Treasurer.
- I serve on the Washington County Bench Bar Committee as the family law representative, the Washington County Law Library Committee, the Washington County Law Library Foundation Sub-Committee, am a past ex officio delegate to the Oregon State Bar House of Delegates, and have served on the WCBA Judicial Selection Committee in the past.
- I am on the Board for the Lawyers Association of Washington County, which is the local chapter of the Oregon Women’s Lawyers (OWLS). I am the current contact person for the organization and have previously served as its Secretary.
- I enjoy representing minor children in domestic relations cases by appointment of the court, often pro bono or at reduced rates.