Rebecca D. Guptill
|Harris Law Firm, P.C.|
165 SE 26th Avenue
Hillsboro, Oregon 97123
Tel: (503) 648-4777
I believe in being honest and forthright with my clients. I won't promise you a favorable outcome or tell you what you want to hear just to get you to hire me. Finding a lawyer that is the right fit for you is important. What I do promise is that I will keep you informed and provide you with the best representation that I possibly can. I want you to have all of the information you need to make an informed decision about the direction of your case. At the end of the day, I am on your side and I will zealously advocate for you.
I am an experienced attorney and have represented clients in both criminal and family law cases, as well as juvenile dependency, juvenile delinquency, and estate planning matters. I am more than comfortable in the courtroom environment, as I appear in court regularly on various matters. In terms of criminal law matters, I handle everything from DUIIs and minor misdemeanors to serious felonies, including Measure 11 cases. In the arena of family law I can represent your interests in all types of matters including divorces, filiations, modifications, enforcement, contempt matters, custody disputes and parenting time issues. Your freedom and your family are important to me.
As a native Oregonian I graduated as Valedictorian from Waldport High School before attending the University of Southern California, from which I received my Bachelor of Arts in Print Journalism, cum laude, from the Annenberg School for Communications and Journalism and completed the Thematic Option undergraduate honors program. Upon graduating, I decided to return home to Oregon where I received my Juris Doctor degree from Willamette University College of Law. During my studies, I received honors in Legal Research and Writing and High Paper in State Constitutional Law, while working as a law clerk gaining valuable practical experience in the legal field.
When I am not diligently working on my clients’ cases, I enjoy spending quality time with my husband, a business owner, and our dog, Jack, whom we adopted from the Oregon Humane Society in 2005. I enjoy gourmet cooking, kayaking, photography, traveling, reading, fishing, crabbing on the Oregon Coast, and cheering for my USC Trojans, particularly in football. (Fight on!)
- Clark, Lindauer, Fetherston, Edmonds, Lippolds & Collier, Law Clerk, 2003-2004
- Carl D. Crowell, Attorney at Law, Law Clerk, 2004-2005
- Ridehalgh & Associates, Associate Attorney, 2005-2007
- Cummins, Goodman, Fish, Denley & Vickers, Associate Attorney, 2007-2008
- Hillsboro Law Group, P.C., Senior Associate Attorney, 2008-2012
- Harris Law Firm, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2010 - present.
- State of Oregon, 2005
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D., 2005. High Paper in State Constitutional Law. Honors in Legal Research & Writing. Dean’s Honors List, 2002. Merit-based scholarship recipient.
- University of Southern California, Annenberg School for Communications & Journalism, B.A. Print Journalism, cum laude, 2002. Thematic Option undergraduate honors program. Dean’s Scholarship recipient. Community Journalism program. Lambda Pi Eta honor society.
- Rebecca is current Treasurer and previous Director-at-Large for the Board of Directors of the Washington County Bar Association. Rebecca is also Secretary for the Lawyers’ Association of Washington County (LAWC), a chapter of Oregon Women Lawyers (OWLS). She has been a member of the Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association since 2005. Rebecca is a member of the University Club of Portland and has completed their Non-Profit Board Member Training program to prepare her for continued service in her community.