A new diversion program was created in Washington County Circuit Court in Hillsboro which allows individuals charged with certain misdemeanor crimes to enter diversion. Similar to the DUII diversion program, successful completion of the DECR program will result in a dismissal of the criminal charges after a one year period.
The Eligibility Requirements of the program are as follows:
- The charge must be a misdemeanor that did not involve injury to another;
- You must have no prior convictions of any kind or prior civil compromises;
- No prior participation in any other diversion program;
- No prior violation level convictions for a similar crime.
The basic program requirements are as follows:
- You must plead guilty and complete all requirements within a ten month period;
- You must pay a $100 programming fee;
- You must pay a fine (varies) OR complete community service hours (varies) and pay a $40 community service fee.
- Other requirements vary depending on the type of crime.
At the end of a one year period, the case will be dismissed so long as all requirements were completed. Give our office a call to discuss whether or not you qualify to take advantage of the Diversion Early Case Resolution program with a criminal defense lawyer.