I began my legal career working as a paralegal for over 10 years, handling personal injury, workers compensation, and medical malpractice claims. Through that work, I discovered my passion for medical-legal claims and chose to pursue a law degree. I received my undergraduate degree from Portland State University and attended law school at Willamette University in Salem, Oregon. During law school, I studied abroad in China where I received a Certificate in Chinese Comparative Law and obtained a certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution. I also served in editorial positions for Willamette Law Online and Willamette Journal of International Law and Dispute Resolution.
Immediately after law school, I worked as a vocational rehabilitation consultant assisting injured workers in Washington State developing a return to work plans. Prior to joining Harris Velázquez Gibbens, my law practice has exclusively consisted of Social Security Disability matters. I have appeared on behalf of my clients all over the United States, fighting for their benefits against the federal government. My extensive and varied experience enables me to look at cases from every level and connect with clients in a very meaningful way. I fight for your rights and am able to work with you and your medical providers to navigate the disability process.
Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with family and friends. I love to travel. I am a bookworm and I also enjoy cooking, watching sports, camping, and wine tasting.
- Schoenfeld & Schoenfeld, PC, Paralegal (1997-2005);
- Hoffman, Hart & Wagner, LLP, Paralegal (2005-2008);
- Swanson, Lathen, Alexander, McCann & Prestwich, PC, Law Clerk (2009-2010);
- Gail Vogel Consulting & Columbia Vocational Services, Voc Rehab Consultant (2012);
- Schneider Kerr Law Offices, Associate Attorney (2012-2016)
- State of Oregon 2012
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D., 2011, Honors in Legal Research & Writing. Certificate Alternative Dispute Resolution. Certificate in Chinese Comparative Law, East China University of Politics and Law. Runner-Up First Year Appellate Competition. Co-Editor, Oregon Courts Service, Willamette Law Online. Summer Editor and Research Editor, Willamette Journal of International Law and Dispute Resolution.
- Portland State University, B.A., English, 2008
- Member, Oregon State Bar Executive Board Disability Section
- Chair, Social Security Disability Section, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA)
- Member, National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives (NOSCCR)
- Member, Oregon Social Security Claimants Representatives (OSCCR)
- Member, Washington County Bar Association